The News Tribune logo

Friday, May 23, 2008

THANKS FOR MAKING OUR DAY


10:30 Friday morning. I thought I had left my lunch in my car. After visiting a patient I headed for the parking lot. I was to find out this evening that I had left my lunch at home. But at that moment, with the rain lightly coming down and a chill in the air, I headed for my car. Here's a view of the street (S 18th) looking downtown that I crossed to get to the parking lot.







In the parking lot, gathering up rubbish, was a friend of mine. Something inside of me said, "see if he wouldn't mind my taking a picture of him. I knew that, if he chose, I would get a chance to let you enjoy seeing a very warm, generous human being. Even the rain would not keep him from smiling and spending a little time with another human being.



Somehow we got into this wonderful story where he talked about being a Q-KID... his generous community service was highlighted on Channel 13 for a month. Here is what he said.








Thanks, buddy, for bringing some much needed sunshine into my (our) life on a rainy day.

Friends... how about sharing some folks who bring sunshine into your life.

6 comments:

Patty Cake said...

Great blog, Joseph!
You are so good about always posting blogs and highlighting the people & places of Tacoma! Thank you!

Stephanie Frieze said...

Thanks, Joseph! Great pictures.

Lorraine Hart said...

Nice Joseph! I'd like to give a shout out to the UPS and FEDEX drivers who faithfully deliver medical supplies to us, twice a week. They always have a cheerful "hello," and, "you're welcome."

JosephMcG said...

The folks who find meaning in serving others are life's great delight and worth being named and honored, aren't they...
here's a shout out to the folks who put hours into preparing to lead music in our various churches... thank you for helping us to pray

Shannon said...

For those of us video-challenged (still on dial-up) or video-prohibited (can't do it at work), how about a few words describing what's on the videos that get posted on this blog?

JosephMcG said...

Cool, Shannon... my friend enthusiastically talks about being featured in January of 98 as a Q kid doing community service... cutting out coupons for the elderly, visiting folks at AmVets, helping people to train their dogs...
a very generous caring man