The News Tribune logo

Monday, May 19, 2008

MY OH MY!!!!----


Senator Robert Byrd... endorses Obama... what planet am I on...

Here's the text: "I believe that Barack Obama is a shining young statesman, who possesses the personal temperament and courage necessary to extricate our country from this costly misadventure in Iraq, and to lead our nation at this challegnging time in history. Barack Obama is a noble-hearted patriot and a humble Christian, and he has my full faith and support."

WHOA....


Anti-woman? Spiritual Conversion? ?????
He read this poem in the Senate a year ago... Is he going through some changes...




WHAT IS GOING ON

6 comments:

Jaynie Jones said...

I can hear Dinah Washington singing the strains of "What a Difference a Day Makes...24 little hours..."

To literally 'hear' her sing it, copy and paste the link below into your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJK052E7M8

JosephMcG said...

I remember a conversation my mother and I had a few years ago when I said to her, "did you ever think you would see such changes happen?" "No, honey," she said, "I never did." I wonder what surprising things will we experience today, JJ...

Stephanie Frieze said...

Perhaps we should all go buy lottery tickets!

JosephMcG said...

Too problematic, that lottery, but human beings changing... miraculously possible

Stephanie Frieze said...

This election season has often been exciting and energizing, but I am weary of it. Although I do not want to wish the summer away, I will be glad to have the election and campaign behind us and hopefully be on to better days.

JosephMcG said...

I am all over the map emotionally behind this campaign... at times excited, other times, frightened, sad, glad, surprised, shocked..
but I am going to take some time to get a picture of the Senator...
any person can tell me a great deal about being a human being... and Senator Byrd has quite a story to tell