The News Tribune logo

Friday, March 6, 2009

Springing Forward

It’s almost time to “spring forward” and it’s not even Spring until March 20th. I hate Daylight Savings Time. It may be psychological, but I never feel quite right during Daylight Savings Time. My husband loves it. If I worked in a building with no windows I might feel the same way. Clearly he wouldn’t make it in Alaska, but there’s something that just feels unnatural about fiddling with the clock. Of course the whole notion of a clock is just an idea that we all agree on, but messing with our agreement upsets my system. This year my husband isn’t too happy either. Sunday is his only day off this week and he’s losing an hour of it!

Don’t forget to set your clocks forward and prepare to feel dopey on Monday.

PS We may get some snow to celebrate our spring forward.

4 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

I will say though, even though it's a tough transition, I do love the extended light in the evenings.

And Stephanie, you cursed in this post! Snow is a dirty word! LOL!

Lorraine Hart said...

I have to say...I prefer the Spring ahead instead of the Fall back. I too like the extended light in the evening. Rani will enjoy a second walk!

Even a little more wacky weather cannot stop the stirring that has begun. I'm sooooo ready for Spring!!

Stephanie Frieze said...

I think that after this screwy weather weekend we are all ready, but Spring will come Daylight Savings or no and so will the longer days.

M. Sugimura said...

The illustration that went along with this piece is absolutely great!