The News Tribune logo

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some Thoughts on Creativity and the Economy

Above: Cozy interior of theatre space at Vashon Island's Blue Heron Art Center managed by Vashon Allied Arts prior to yesterday's performance by playwright Jude Narita. Photo by Mizu Sugimura.

I was treated to a riveting performance of Asian-American playwright Jude Narita's one woman show "From The Heart" at Vashon Island's Blue Heron Art Center last night. When one is surrounded by such powerful creativity, it is more than likely that inspiration can be absorbed by breathing such rarefied air.

No. I didn't come home with ideas of how to write my own one woman show. But the whole experience made possible by the hard work and effort of talented folks with Vashon Allied Arts ("Warm thanks for a GREAT evening!") managed to ignite a few thoughts on our present economic dilemma.

Assuming you have a moment or two handy, check out my blog.

5 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Thoughtful and timely post, Mizu!

Lorraine Hart said...

I think you have the material for an EXCELLENT one woman show Mizu. You're an incredible example for young women, you've been through a lot...and it has brought out your creativity in so many ways, with a wonderful coping attitude. You are an artist I certainly wouldn't want my community living without...especially in times like these.

Your artist blossoms
In the difficult season
Of cold finances

Sorry...haiku being one of my fave-rave games, not yours! Lox

Stephanie Frieze said...

Lorraine, as the kids say "sweet."

JosephMcG said...

I am glad you were inspired, Mizu, keep loving, Joseph McG

Kim Thompson said...

I left my comment on your personal blog (which is great by the way).