The News Tribune logo

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Healing Moments At St. Anthony's

There were so many moments at St. Anthony's hospital Saturday and Sunday when celebrations took place prior to its opening where all I could do was stop, look, and let the beauty of what I was seeing just fill my whole being. Here are three such moments:
Standing in the back of the chapel before the Eucharistic celebration began.












Looking at the great rocks and the water flowing in the healing garden.


Listening to the musicians preparing for the Eucharistic celebration.












Times like these are occasions for my being very, very grateful to be alive.

6 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Wonderful pictures, Joseph. Thank you for sharing them. I especially like the looks of that healing garden fountain! Our community is certainly blessed to have such a lovely place close at hand.

JosephMcG said...

When Archbishop Brunett (who helped us to prayerfully bless the hospital was absolutely wonderful and very gracious) he said we were so fortunate to be together in this wonderful facility which will support many people through times of joy and sorrow...
I felt privileged to be surrounded by so many loving and happy people...
Truly we all are gift to one another

Lorraine Hart said...

I like that fountain too!

Sure would like to see a lot more music in hospitals, all the time.

JosephMcG said...

So would I...
Joseph

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got a chance to get over to St. Anthony's. I looks beautiful. Linda from St. Joe.'s.

Jaynie Jones said...

...'tis a bittersweet irony for me that the day the hospital opened was my last day in Gig Harbor...