The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Think Tacoma's Cool? Here's How You Can Show It!

Wanna share your Tacoma love and show your civic pride? Think Grit City is totally cool? Well, Tacoma's Chamber of Commerce sure thinks so and wants your inspiration too. Check out the Chamber's Tacoma Is Cool blog right here, right now, by clicking HERE. See the expressions of your neighbors and what they think about Tacoma in words, art, and pictures. You can do this too! It's simple. Obtain one of the special card stock Tacoma is Cool postcards from the Tacoma's Chamber of Commerce or craft your own postcard from card stock following the specifications and measurements noted on the site. Slap on a stamp, toss it in the mail to the Chamber address (also noted on the blog) and see your vision of your beloved home posted on the Tacoma is Cool blog. I scored a couple of postcards and I am eager to have at it. My daughter confiscated one and drew a picture us girls enjoying Tacoma shopping (awww...). I am still working on mine, but I am fairly certain I will be doing a tribute piece to the fine dining scene and or the local blogs that rock our little Tacoma world. And hey, it's not a big deal if you are not artsy. Words, doodles, photos, stickers, collage, and napkin art all work (this is going to be one of the techniques I use, non art type that I am). The big deal is your joy and love for the city and sharing that with other Gritizens. Check out the blog today to see some of the latest submissions. Fun and easy-breezy, all for the cost of a stamp.

Readers and Bloggers: highlight your postcard ideas right here in comments. Share some inspiration or get some inspiration. Come one and come all!

6 comments:

Lorraine Hart said...

This site is soooo coooool!! I gotta get me some postcards!

Lorraine Hart said...

Can you imagine what Mizu could do?!

Kim Thompson said...

Aren't the postcards great? Mizu would have a ball with this! I'm going to send her the link directly, in case she misses this!

Patty Cake said...

Tacoma is COOL because many American Foxes live here, RIGHT, Kim ?? ha ha!!

I love the postcards :)

JosephMcG said...

Tacoma--- wet, wild, welcoming,

Kim Thompson said...

Oh, Patty, you are saucy...I love it. Yes, a lot of FOXES live here literally and figuratively! And Joseph, I LOVE your words! You should send that in!