The News Tribune logo

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A RAINY DAY ON HILLTOP

Here are a few lessons I gleaned from my day at work on Tuesday.
1. If I take my time and move quietly and calmly I can get through places where I cannot see a few feet in front of me.

The driving rain kept me on edge, that's for sure!


2. When I choose to think, speak, and act with love for myself and others, I discover that we live in a beautiful, beautiful world...

Check out our skyline!


3. At the end of the day people all over the world try very hard to quietly and calmly get back home to where they feel known, understood, and loved.

Here's Hilltop, Tacoma, 19th and J, four forty five in the afternoon----

7 comments:

kinsmed said...

Very eloquent, Joe.
Each word was significant.

JosephMcG said...

Shucks, kinsmed, maybe teaching english composition and public speaking for thirty years helped...

Joseph

Jaynie Jones said...

Kinsmed, tell us something about yourself: your background, career, family life, what interests you...

JosephMcG said...

and, kinsmed, In Your Neighborhood is looking for writers... info about that is on the top of the page
Joseph

kinsmed said...

Sorry, guys.
I work for a governmental agency that does not allow me to author publicly.
But I ain't hard to find.
(And check the earliest editions of IYN...)

JosephMcG said...

keep up the good work, kinsmed, if you are working for the government, I know you are reading a lot of reports and putting together a lot of data in writing...
thank you for your work
Joseph

Stephanie Frieze said...

Lovely post, Joseph. Rain is such an intrical part of our area and in truth, I love it. After the long hot first of six summers in California we danced in the rain when it finally came. You can take the Pacfic Northwestener out of the Northwest, but you can't take the Northwest out of, as Lorraine says, a Mossback!