The News Tribune logo

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today's Snow Report


Silly me! I woke up this morning with my 1980s'Weather Mind working. In the eighties in Seattle I recall heavy snows coming in for a day, slippery streets overnight, rain the next day, and cold, clear streets days for at least a week. And this morning the grey bushy headed mountain was proudly smiling and I knew that the first snowfall of the year was over!



The sun managed to win its morning match with the dogged, determined grey clouds; but the match took a surprising turn in the early afternoon. The snow peekaboed through the clouds and chuckling said, "I'm back."













This evening... I was getting a ride to Federal Way so I could participate in an evening worship service. No way, the champ stood proudly in the center of the ring and said, "McGowan, you see that no cars have come near your home this evening? No tire tracks! Get it! You are not going anywhere." I got a call saying that the free way traffic was so heavy that there was no way of telling when or if my ride would get to me.I hope the folks missed me. I'm glad they understand they can do very well without me!













I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Bad news---It snowed today! Good news---It Snowed today!

4 comments:

Patty Cake said...

You always share such wonderful photos with us, Joseph!

thank you!

Mizu Sugimura said...

When you ever get to Federal Way - say hello.

Stephanie Frieze said...

Wonderful photos, Joseph! We may get some of the white stuff tomorrow. I'm glad that it feels like winter!

Kim Thompson said...

I love it when you write about snow!