The News Tribune logo

Monday, December 22, 2008

I Am Camera: Part I

Well, I got the camera battery all jazzed and just had to go for a walk to try out the snow walking stick my husband bought for me. I found out it has the added bonus of being a rest to steady my arm for taking pictures...oh yes, and very handy for finding out where the road ends and the ditch begins under the snow.


Poor snowy, slanted sailboat!

This photo of the lagoon on the other side of the Home bridge is one of my faves of the day. Yes, that's ice floating in the water.





The weight of ice and snow make browned Queen Anne's Lace bow to the water at the edge of Joe's Bay.






Slushy, yes, but downtown Home is open for business and the parking lots are being cleared...just don't try any side streets! Not only are they not plowed...branches and clumps of snow are falling everywhere.




This photo is for Mizu...it made me think of you.

6 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

The main roads in GH are bare and wet. I even made it down to the FI PO, but had a heck of a time getting out of the parking lot. I tried to go to Freddies, but that lot was terrible so I decided to cut my losses and came home to put chickens in the oven! The children are still out goodness-knows-where.

Lorraine Hart said...

They better come home with their tails wagging behind them for dinner!

As I look out at the sky now (it's not quite quarter after four) half the sky is pewter...and half is pale blue.

Stephanie Frieze said...

And the computer says it's 31 so time for all good lambs to be in the corral!

Mizu Sugimura said...

Oh!Oh!Oh!... It's simply exquisite!

Lorraine Hart said...

Glad you like it Mizu...there's a whole explanation...but that can wait till the next time we have tea!

Lorraine Hart said...

BTW...if you look at the larger version of the lagoon (just click on it) you will see an icy faerie, running across the water in the back. Let me know who sees her!