The News Tribune logo

Monday, December 22, 2008

Letter to Santa







Dear Santa,

I have decided I am going to write you a letter this year. I normally don’t ask you for much. So, I think you will grant my wishes this year.

1.) Security. I’m sure you know, Santa that this time last year my home was broken into. It left me as an angry and scared person. I felt violated. I was afraid to sleep. I just at the bumps in the night and for once I installed a security system that I swore I would never want. So my first wish is for my home to be safe an secure from things of that nature, but there is a catch. I don’t just want my home safe. I want everyone’s homes and families safe. If I have seen them on the television or passed them by on the street I want them safe for Christmas. I know it is a lot to ask, but can you blame me?

2.) Health. From experience over the last week I know there is a virus going around. So I wish for our Christmas to be surrounded by healthy kids and healthy adults to watch over them. There is no sense in having us coughing up our lungs while trying to tear into a present. I want this wish to again spread to everyone else. It isn’t fair to ask for such things just for my happiness.

3.) Wealth. During theses recent snowstorms my family members haven’t exactly been able to work. With this wish I would like too see the financial woes to ease off some. We’ve all been secretly and not so secretly stressing over the recent economic crisis. I’m sure a lot of us are kept awake from it. I hope that everyone can at least forget about their financial status for Christmas Day. The day is meant to be spent with family not ulcers.

Santa, I know I have asked a lot. I also know it is a big task, but I think just for a day you maybe could make my wishes come true.


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Love,
Donna Burwell

No comments: