The News Tribune logo

Monday, December 22, 2008




Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but to some it is delightful. Oh, the only thing I have to say is….

Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain!!!

I was like everyone else. It started snowing and I became excited. I grew up as a young child in snow that piled by the foot. I have to admit that, I thought I missed it. I was wrong. Now I’m an adult. The snow is no longer fun! It keeps hard working people out of work, it causes families to loose electricity, it collapses roofs, falls trees, and it gives me and my kids a bad case of cabin fever.

So, when I woke up this morning and found a new layer of snow coating the neighborhood I was saddened. I found myself picturing the many ways I could make it disappear from my yard. I thought about all the warm/hot water I could pour over my front yard. I would have been the coolest yard on the block if I had no snow. I mean wouldn’t you agree?

Oh, I’ll be home for Christmas…… because I’ve been snowed in!!


Honestly, is there anyone else other there that would admit they have thought of ways to rid their yard of snow?

2 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Not me. As long as the lights and food hold out I am as happy as a clam at high tide. :-)

Lorraine Hart said...

I'm happy too...knowing it can't stay long...and we'll go back to growing gills. I just had a great walk and met a bunch of happy neighbours all along Joe's Bay.