The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Local Students Write Love Letters to Their South Sound Hometowns: Tacoma

Readers and South Sounders: Tacoma School of the Arts Humanities students are participating in writing "love letters" to their hometowns. The writing exercise combines creativity, editing, and getting the letters published. Join me in celebrating these students and their wonderful letters in the upcoming letter series featured on the In Your Neighborhood blog. Read on and enjoy!

Dear Tacoma,
You are my hometown. You are my base, my concrete base that allows me to build the house that is my life. Even though I sometimes need a break from your indecisive weather and gray bleak skies, I know that you have helped me to figure out who I am and where I want to go. You are home to everything that is familiar and comfortable to me. I'm excited to wander the world and explore, but I'm glad I'll always have you to return to.
Love,
Stacy Millsap, student
Tacoma School of the Arts

No comments: