The News Tribune logo

Friday, December 10, 2010

Local Students Write Love Letters to Their South Sound Hometowns


Readers and South Sounders: Tacoma School of the Arts Humanities students are participating in writing "love letters" to their hometowns. The writing exercise combines creativity, editing, and getting the letters published. Join me in celebrating these students and their wonderful letters in the upcoming letter series featured on the In Your Neighborhood blog. Read on and enjoy!



Dear Tacoma,

Amongst your dreary days, I strain to look past your grey abyss but cannot.
Amongst your sunny days, I am filled with joy as your sun covers me in its protection.
When I am down, you cry with me.
In the start of the morning, you refresh me.

When life is dull, I look to your nature.
The blends of greens and blues.
During the fall, the blends of oranges and yellows.

Though I miss my home in California, you’ve raised me to become stronger and to be happy amongst the dreariest of times.


Thank you.

Kahmina Ford, Student
Tacoma School of the Arts

No comments: