The News Tribune logo

Friday, December 10, 2010

Local Students Write Love Letters to Their South Sound Hometowns: Tacoma

Readers and South Sounders: Tacoma School of the Arts Humanities students are participating in writing "love letters" to their hometowns. The writing exercise combines creativity, editing, and getting the letters published. Join me in celebrating these students and their wonderful letters in the upcoming letter series featured on the In Your Neighborhood blog. Read on and enjoy!

 Dear 110th street,
 
    You are my first memory of snow, sledding down your steep hill with my brother and sisters Christmas day. I remember falling down and scraping my knees learning how to roller skate. Sneaking out late with my friends, you kept us safe as we threw our old sneakers over your power lines. You make me feel safe everytime I walk my dogs or go on a fun bike ride with my parents. I drew my first unicorn on your sidewalk and set sail my paper boat in your streams of water flowing into the drain. I jumped in your puddles, soaking my feet and spinning in circles in the rain with my face toward the heavens. You have watched me from birth to adulthood. I love you.
 
 
Liliana Sundsmo, Student
Tacoma School of the Arts

No comments: