The News Tribune logo

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Reunions


Summer is frequently the time for reunions whether they are high school or family such as Joseph’s Seattle Prep reunion. Dictionary.com defines the word “reunion” as “a gathering of relatives, friends, or associates at regular intervals or after separation.” Obviously these people know neither my family nor my graduating class since we do not reunite at regular intervals. What were the odds that either one would plan a reunion for the same decade little own the same day? If you’d like to know how I feel about that, click here. Are you attending a reunion this year? What sort, what do you think it will be like or how was it? I know that Kim and Joseph have had great ones. Anyone else?

6 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

The bloggers here need to have a reunion!

I am still willing to host.

Stephanie Frieze said...

Well, I would second that emotion!

Kim Thompson said...

Okay, I'll be the town cryer.

Stephanie Frieze said...

I'm slow. It just now occurred to me how the town crier was replaced by the newspaper, then radio and television and the Internet. Now Twitter--something I know nothing about--is the town crier.

Kim Thompson said...

I don't care for Twitter. I like Facebook though.

But I like the good old fashioned communication a lot too!

Lorraine Hart said...

I feel like it's a reunion..just being able to connect with the internet and come to the neighbourhood! Hi everyone!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Problem is not fixed yet...but we're getting closer. Discovered I was pretty hooked to cyberspace...and mos' def' my neighbourhood pals!

Is it my computer...or have I been punished for not writing by having my photo removed?

I would love a reunion of Blogonias! High school is another story. 2012 will be my 40th. high school reunion year...I may think about it as it gets closer but Toronto is a long and expensive trip. I always skipped around all the established cliques...and kept only the few close friends as crazy as me!

Now...band reunions excite me...and will, even when we're coming out onstage with our walkers!! LOL.