The News Tribune logo

Monday, July 6, 2009

Come Smell the Oregon Lavender Festival

Is the economy keeping you home from Hawaii this summer and the notion of murder, kidnapping and Swine Flu making Mexico unappealing? Try Oregon and the Oregon Lavender Festival for a sweet smelling summer get-away. The festival begins this Saturday, July 11th and ends Sunday. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for the rolling hills and fields of our neighbor Oregon. Whether it’s a day trip or you decide to stay over in one of Oregon’s villages, new views are right next door at very little trouble and expense.

2 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Beautiful picture... and the post stirred my imagination as I was recalling the times I have taken to walk through gardens filled with flowers...
Thank you

Kim Thompson said...

This looks awesome. I love Lavender--one of my very faves and so many uses!