The News Tribune logo

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Good Heart...A Moral Compass




Former president Jimmy Carter has something to say with grace, decency, intelligence and with a deep loyalty to the truth of love and equality. As a human, a woman, and a minister, I thank him for his heart and for his service to the Creator and Creation. It takes a strong man to stand up for truth, even against their lifelong church-membership.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html?page=-1

Sir, I applaud you.

4 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

I love Jimmy Carter, even if he did screw up the Iran thing, the result of his being a better friend to the Shah than a statesman. He lives his values without beating you over the head with them which is the noblest of lives.

JosephMcG said...

I admire Jimmy Carter a great deal. Thank you for this post.

Kim Thompson said...

We have some Carter books. Very interesting man--one for the books!

Jaynie Jones said...

Jimmy Carter is a good and decent man whom I have long admired; the next door neighbor we'd all like to have.