The News Tribune logo

Monday, January 19, 2009


Tomorrow, Barack Hussein Obama will be inaugurated as the 44th President of these United States. I did not vote for him nor do I think his agenda is good for this country. That said, let me serve notice that Barack Obama will be my President.

I will use the titles "Mister", "President" or perhaps just his last name. I did similar with President Bush.

There are a lot of people who disliked Mr. Bush. That is fine. You are free to do that. You even have the right to be disrespectful. A lot of people were and still are disrespectful. I think it's juvenile and I think it is wrong.

Mr. Obama is worthy of all due respect of his office as was/is Mr. Bush.

As I stated above , I will probably disagree with much of Mr. Obama's agenda - sometimes vehemently. I might even agree with him at times. What you won't ever see, is me being disrespectful to the President of the United States. It's just not right.



JosephMcG said...

Thank you...stay healthy... Joseph

Anonymous said...

yawn...So what.