The News Tribune logo

Monday, January 19, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Tomorrow, Barack Hussein Obama will be inaugurated as the 44th President of these United States. I did not vote for him nor do I think his agenda is good for this country. That said, let me serve notice that Barack Obama will be my President.

I will use the titles "Mister", "President" or perhaps just his last name. I did similar with President Bush.

There are a lot of people who disliked Mr. Bush. That is fine. You are free to do that. You even have the right to be disrespectful. A lot of people were and still are disrespectful. I think it's juvenile and I think it is wrong.

Mr. Obama is worthy of all due respect of his office as was/is Mr. Bush.

As I stated above , I will probably disagree with much of Mr. Obama's agenda - sometimes vehemently. I might even agree with him at times. What you won't ever see, is me being disrespectful to the President of the United States. It's just not right.

VW

2 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Thank you...stay healthy... Joseph

Anonymous said...

yawn...So what.