The News Tribune logo

Monday, January 26, 2009

Making Do in Hard Times/Anytime

I get more junk email than snail mail. I’m not always sure where it comes from. A few weeks ago I started receiving emails from BeatTheRecession.com, probably because I snoop around websites devoted to frugality. Today I received one from the above outfit with the “tip” titled “Coupons—not just for your grandmother.” Is this a news flash or am I just very old? Well, I am a grandmother. My age not withstanding, I have always clipped coupons.

If stretching your money is of interest to you, read more on The View From My Broom.

3 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

My sister in law is a huge coupon gal and has been for many years. She's only in her mid-thirties, but I remember her clipping coupons back in her late teens!

She also isn't afraid to bargain either, even in a big box store!

Stephanie Frieze said...

Too cool, Kim. I know it's only pennies, but it all adds up in the end.

Kim Thompson said...

Yeah. Why not? There's no shame in it certainly!