The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hapuna Drowning: Reflections, Revelations, and Respect

Dear Friends, Readers, and Bloggers.

As I am home now, my family and I experienced a terrible local tragedy. In the end though, much was learned and much more is loved. Please join me on this journey by going to my blog, "Gritty City Woman" as time allows you. Please click HERE to get you there. I opted to do my post there because of the post length and subject matter.

Maholo and much aloha to you all.

6 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Thank you for permitting to walk with you through those painful moments...
Joseph McG

Kim Thompson said...

Thank you for listening. I always find it best when I am feeling reflective and sad, that bringing my friends in close. Thanks for being my friend.

Lorraine Hart said...

Wrapping my arms around you long distance, my dear and loving friend. A hard and deep day to process and balance...a holyday, not a vacation. My love to you and all your family. Condolences to the family of the young man across the deep and powerful ocean.

JosephMcG said...

I am honored to be your friend. Stay strong.

Kim Thompson said...

Oh, my. The tears are welling, gang.

I am strong. At the risk of sounding a little weird, I am calling on my ancestors in the islands and they are helping me.

I appreciate you both.

Stephanie Frieze said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sending you a big hug.