The News Tribune logo

Friday, September 19, 2008

My local safe streets.

At our last meeting we were asked to write what we thought our neighborhood group was about. I can't speak for others, but I can try.




Lincoln West Safe Streets Group

A personal goal of mine for our group is to lose the consistent need to carry a gun. I may not own one, but unfortunately I picture myself using the barrel to knock around a few dirty pesky panhandlers. I could never shoot the darn thing, but it would be fun using it as a makeshift brass knuckle.

The group’s man goal is to rid our neighborhood of its cockroaches. That being drug dealers, transients, burglars, and gangs. We would like our neighborhood to be maintained. Our yards should be in order and our streets and alleys should be clean. We don’t want any homegrown chops shops or backyard drug gardens.

Safety is another high dollar issue. We want to buy our groceries without being intimidated by panhandlers. We want our children to be able to walk home from school and play in our yards without fear. Most of us remember growing up and playing freely around our neighborhoods. Now we can’t let our children out alone in their own backyards.

We want our neighborhood back. We want to feel safe. We don’t want to wonder if our neighbor is cultivating meth. We don’t want to constantly fear our child’s safety.

Join a group if you feel the same. Gather and protect your own neighborhood. Take your piece of mind back and let the scum fret for now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, meth labs are being found in neighborhoods all across the U.S. and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Knowing what a meth lab looks, smells, and sounds like will arm you with the knowledge you need to report it to your local or state police. Before you buy or rent a home, make sure you ask the neighbors if the home was ever used as a drug house or a meth lab. That information could have saved the health of my son and his family and nearly $16,000. If you haven't seen my website yet or read my son's story, I encourage you to visit and learn what you can do to protect your neighborhood and your family. Knowledge is power! Stay safe.

Stephanie Frieze said...

Wonderful advice, Mama and I can understand why you're mad. Can you tell me how to get to your website?