The News Tribune logo

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jazz Musette: A Family Jam!

You know, that fresh, passionate, new love and everything it brings? Where your eyes are brighter, your step is springier, and your heart is light? Where your dreams (whether they are alive in the day or night) are sugared with that sweet, sweet love? Colors are brighter, the breeze is softer, the sun is warmer?

I saw this love tonight in the form of the band, Jazz Musette, featuring our very own Lorraine Hart, blogger mama and writer wonderful. That passion for music, performing, and the love shown amongst the band members was totally fresh love, no kidding, as described above. With pure passion observed, it was a delight to see and experience their music and harmonies. It was my maiden voyage at 6th Avenue's Jazzbones, too, on Sunday, June 29th and with Mom and my little girl, Erin, in tow, it made it all the more special.

Jazz Musette played a lively and inspired set to benefit the Tacoma Waldorf School. Families and other patrons swayed to the music, enjoyed the food and drink, and laughed at the comedic antics of the wonderful Ms. Hart. Mom, Erin, and I sang along with some Jazz Musette originals (brilliant, let's hear it for "Coyote!") and old classics (our faves were a little Van Morrison and Leonard Cohen). I was THRILLED when my pal Lorraine dedicated a song for me! Wahoo! It rocked the house, I was practically crying and laughing at the same time. Love, love, love!

The band was great, but it was extra special to hear Lorraine and her daughter, Anna sing so beautifully. Those gals can SING! And Lorraine has the hips, gyrations, and dance moves of someone 1/3 of her age. And I am completely serious. Lorraine can out dance me any day of the week.

And my extra treat? I got to visit with fellow AWESOME and WONDERFUL blogger Mizu and her husband who attended. Cool!

Wanna see a great band with passion and a lot of "HART?" Check out the Jazz Musette website and catch a gig! Hey, I'll make it easy for you--click HERE. It will be worth it, trust me!

Thanks gang! So, how do I sign up (or start!) the fan club?

6 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Great post, Kim. Congratulations, Lorraine! Sorry I missed it and will try to catch the Skansie gig. You can sign me up as a fan immediately. I'm already a Lorraine fan.

Lorraine Hart said...

Cheetos Crispy Coyote Lovely! Here it is, first thing Monday morning...only on my first cuppa...and you make me all teary with such a rave review! I believe this is my most favourite one ever. Thank you so much Kim...and for that very personal support in the break. I just loved watching you dance with your daughter in your seats...and your mum, singin' along with us!

This morning the old woman who ate me has me under punishment for those moves! Anna will also pay the piper today...but sometimes you have to tax the body to liberate the spirit...and that's worth something, eh?

I feel I should apologize to Yaz and Mizu. When I finish a performance, I'm a blithering idiot and should just be taken home immediately. I do believe I prattled at them, going about ninety miles an hour! Sorry guys!

Thank you to everyone who made it such a special night for us. A big shout-out to all the Waldorf little ones who became our "Solid Gold" dancers in front of the stage!!

What can I say about my beautiful Blogonias Kim and Mizu...but thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a well-loved part of Jazz Musette Magic and made our tenth anniversary most special.

Okay...I need another cuppa...and to lay off the exclamation marks. Merci bien, mes chere amies...I'm off to find some advil and Tiger Balm! Shucks, you could make a girl blush.

Lorraine Hart said...

We missed you too Stephanie! Hope to see you at Skansie. Hold down the porch!

Kim Thompson said...

I am suspecting a Blog Squad trip to the Gig Harbor gig!

Anonymous said...

I want to express my deepest gratitude to Jazz Musette for an inspiring and moving performance and for your generous hearts. On behalf of the Tacoma Waldorf School community...Thank you!

My 6-yr old son told me this morning that we need to go to Jazzbones once a year the day after his birthday every year (his birthday was the 28th). He had a wonderful time. He loved the music and the play with his friends.

As for the grown-ups in the crowd (if you can call us that)...there were so many singing along, dancing in their seats, and smiles, smiles, smiles all the way. A great time was had by all!

You have an entire community of new fans!

Kim Loofbourow
TWS Parent & Auction Coordinator

Lorraine Hart said...

Namaste Kimberly, thank you so much! I apologize for that very sweaty hug at night's end. Happy Birthday to your son!

I'm off to have a nap now!