The News Tribune logo

Monday, July 12, 2010

Warm Memories

I shared a few heart touching moments with Bellarmine High School Graduates of 2000 Saturday evening. They had come to enjoy each other's company at their tenth reunion.
I spent some precious time with the planner of the liturgy or Mass, who also led the singing at that Mass, along with a guitar player and a pianist. All three were graduates of Bellarmine.

(Did you know the word Mass comes from the Latin word, mitto, mittere, which means sent? The last exchange between the priest and the congregation in Latin was this: "Ite, Missa est.--Go, the Mass is ended---" to which the congregation responded "Deo Gratias..." Thanks be to God." The meaning of this was now that we have, in the presence of God and each other, celebrated, in word and song, the life, death, and resurrection, let us leave this place and go out and, in word, thought, and deed, lovingly support others as Jesus would.)I volunteered to preside at that Mass and enjoyed every moment of it...

After the Mass, those who attended joined the other graduates outside for lively conversation and a tasty barbecue meal.














I found this to be a wonderful warm day... thanks you, Bellarmine Graduates, 2000!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

I don't know about these students, but at my 10 year reunion things seemed pretty much the same except that the highly successful students made sure you knew it. At the 20 year reunion that stuff seemed less evident and all the various groups mixed and seemed anxious to reconnect, even with those they hadn't been close to. We are having a 41st year picnic next month and I am anxious to see everyone regardless of which bunch they ran with in 1969.

JosephMcG said...

Thanks for that description... I did not go to my various reunions so I had nothing to back up my thinking about this one...
I felt a lot of warmth among the alumns, and I really enjoyed their company...
I wish you the best at your picnic...