The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sun and Rain

I have been waiting for that sweet cooking sun to take over for a while... I remember last week making sure I kept my umbrella with me... going to work, coming outside, seeing that the streets were still wet with rain, which had given up, and now quietly soaked into the ground as the sun poked with smiling face out of the thick grey clouds...
Umbrella not needed...
Friday evening I was at a dinner at my friends' home. Muggy it was... and one of the folks there asked that the host to open the windows in the front room, where twelve of us were sitting and talking... and, whoosh, drip, drip... the wind started blowing, the rains came heavily, heavily, falling down...
Still two hours later, when we got ready to leave, the rain had stopped... Umbrella not needed...
Saturday... overcast with the sun dancing across my window sill all aftertoon
Sunday... dry in Tacoma, rain falling sporadically during the day in Seattle...
And the Moon Goddess ran away, terrified, Sunday evening, when the fireworks got working... umbrella not needed

But this Tuesday... Father Sun took over and people (probably with lots of groans and moans) got moving... They were moving down Sixth Avenue:
















Moving on the Hilltop on 19th... freeway headed? banking or getting a hamburger and a strawberry shake or going to a meeting at the county city buildihg or the public library (like me)... no mind reader here... but folks were moving...back to the ups and downs of the week that is for sure!!!!!






Yes Indeed... It's Sunshine Time here......... for the moment

4 comments:

Jaynie Jones said...

Always a fresh perspective...nicely done!

Lorraine Hart said...

We're enjoying the sunshine and baby blue skies too...have missed you!

JosephMcG said...

thanks, Lorraine... thanks Jaynie... I have been doing some deep, deep thinking... and the work I have done has been very good for me...

Kim Thompson said...

Perhaps you'll share your thinking project with us?