The News Tribune logo

Monday, June 22, 2009

What to do when they bring you kale

As previously written here, I signed us up to receive bi-weekly deliveries of fresh produce from Terra Organics. Originally we were receiving the large mixed box, but to make a smaller carbon foot print I switched us to the Pacific Northwest box. It’s a little bit smaller and less costly and best of all it is local. Even though it doesn’t meet all the produce for a family of six, we enjoy finding ways to use the fruit and vegetables that come in the box and augment it with purchases from our local produce stand, Patterson’s here in Gig Harbor.

Each week Terra Organics sends an email listing what will be in the week’s box. I wasn’t looking or I might have changed our order before it came! Oh no, not kale! If you’d like to know what I did about the dreaded kale, click here.

1 comment:

Kim Thompson said...

Oh, awesome!

I got the kale too. What the heck? I am clicking away!