The News Tribune logo

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Les Schwab beyond expectations


After discovering a nail in one of our front tires, we drove as quickly as we could over to Les Schwab Tires on 6th Avenue, in Tacoma, arriving there just after 6 o'clock and seeing one of the employees locking the main entrance as we drove up. Oh, dear! Dreadful timing. But, one of the other employees still working in the garage (a man named "Heath") apparently saw the anxiety and despair on my face as I pulled in. He walked up and asked if he could help. After a quick explanation of our conundrum and without a moment's hesitation, he invited us to enter the showroom waiting area and assured us he would take care of the situation. He did that in a matter of minutes and with no grumbling, groaning, whining, or complaining about having to stay after closing time. As we waited, we enjoyed a complimentary bag of popcorn, too. The popcorn is standard fare at Les Schwab, but it was truly above and beyond expectations that "Heath" and the others stayed on after their regular business hours to help us get safely on our way again.

3 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

I've always had good dealings with Les Schwab shops. I'd like to put in a good word for Quality Tires on 6th Ave. One time I had a flat outside TG Friday's and went in to use the phone (way before cell phones). Three gentlemen heard me call my husband about my predicament. It turned out that they were on their lunch break from Quality Tire and lickety split they put my spare on my VW van. I was so touched I followed them back to the shop and bought two new tires and they rotated my old ones. I know how much it means to find someone to help at times like that.

Lorraine Hart said...

I hope more companies come into the understanding...when money is tight, the difference is in service for the consumer's choice. Attitude counts!

Kim Thompson said...

Amen, Lorraine!