The News Tribune logo

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blogging And Me

In the past, we've had a few partisan discussions and the result was a touch of unintended bad feelings in the comments. Wisdom ensued and we kept away from it for the most part. I decided that I would take as my example Father Joseph's posting style. His thoughts and adventures are always interesting and inspiring. It seemed to me that was the approach to take here and I decided I wouldn't get sucked in to another political argument. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to do it again and I blame no one but myself.

There are lots of political blogs out there for the partisan attacks. I don't think this is the place for it and I intend not to get sucked in again. I will, from here on out, leave politics out of it unless it is something germane to Tacoma and my neighborhood.

It's obvious that there is a huge political difference between some of us and none of us are probably going to change anyone's minds. That doesn't mean we can't get along and even be friends. I actually would like to meet you, my fellow bloggers, in person. After all, we are neighbors, aren't we?

So, back to my regular posting and I wish you all the best. And Father Joseph, thank you for your inspiration. I should have mentioned it before.

VW

1 comment:

JosephMcG said...

VW: thank you for the affirmation. Honestly I do not want to stop any conversation about the issues that are effecting the quality of life In Our Neighborhood (s). My frustration comes from having lived in this area three years... I am just beginning to get some ideas about what is going on...
I now know, for example, that the deregulation of federal laws that focused on our various economic institutions since the eighties are now leaving many senior citizens incapable of remaining in their homes... and that a great deal of property that could have been used to support quality education in our public schools has been bought up for uses that have nothing to do with the needs of the people in the areas surrounding that property...
I have sadly known for many years that money flows out of the urban core to the suburbs and those who are forced to live in those areas end up living in areas where they are exploited and killed.
What I would like to see is our raising specific issues and proposing specific solutions that would help to create a safe place for all who live there...
What do you think, VW, is that focus something you could put your energy into...

Hoping we can focus on the needs and reasons for those needs in our neighborhoods...

Father Joseph