The News Tribune logo

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Marriage Encounter Magic Moments with Joseph McG

Last week I was in Houston attending a wonderful session on Leading Through Relationship. The presenters were just making one heavy, heavy point when...
(that's right) the fire alarm went off. Out the door I went... and stood out in the warm eighty two degree sunshine for about five minutes. No fire engines... no one said come on in. People just started going back in. Best I heard about this: the fire alarm (in a non-smoking hotel) went off near the WOMEN'S RESTROOM!!!


Two weeks before my trip to Houston I had gotten so excited about what Marriage Encounter can do for couples in good marriages who wanted their marriages to be even better. I grabbed my buddy, Ann, one fine fall morning and asked her to video me while I busted loose... and here's my love rap... (for children, teenagers, young adults, and seniors only)


CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Wonderful spirit and enthusiasm, Joseph! I am sure that everyone who spent time with you in Huston could not have failed to have enjoyed it.

JosephMcG said...

Stephanie: I can strut my stuff, that's for sure... and there was some teasing and laughing...
At the same time I learned a tremendous amount, including that I need to keep working at becoming a healthy human being...

Keep It Real
Joseph

Stephanie Frieze said...

I believe that is our lifelong job, Joseph. We are all walking that road. I love it when you dance down it!

JosephMcG said...

I have got my rhyme and meter book, my dictionary, and a book of poetry that must have been composed in the 1940s... now I get stuck, these are my options: read scriptures, tend to marriage encounter business, reflect on health and wellness, focus on the world of politics/economics/war/peace around me, work on my book, autobiography, or write poems...
I think I shall stick with the poems...

the world can be stark
or full of delight
sometimes
my words must bark
other times
shine bright
and frequently
my words must bite!

Joseph

Stephanie Frieze said...

Keeping it real, Joseph!

Mizu Sugimura said...

Joseph - Whose the GREAT photographer lately? Are you taking these photos via self-mounted tripod or is there a photographic genius collaborating with you?

Anonymous said...

Dear Joseph,

Margaret, Kathleen and I had lunch together last week and we all were wondering where you were and what you were up to! Still dancing, listening and loving, I see! Much love from some SNJM "graduates" who still get together once in awhile!