The News Tribune logo

Friday, December 10, 2010

Local Students Write Love Letters to Their South Sound Hometowns: Tacoma

 Readers and South Sounders: Tacoma School of the Arts Humanities students are participating in writing "love letters" to their hometowns. The writing exercise combines creativity, editing, and getting the letters published. Join me in celebrating these students and their wonderful letters in the upcoming letter series featured on the In Your Neighborhood blog. Read on and enjoy!

Tacoma, my hometown.
I love you Tacoma, you are my home and you are all I have ever known. You are the air that I breathe, and it’s so fresh and sweet. Waking up to you in the mornings makes me feel so calm and safe, and watching the sunrise beaming over you is so beautiful. I couldn’t imagine my life without you. From when I was a little girl in the wintertime picking up your snow and washing my face with it, and in the summertime jumping off the docks into your water. I’m going to leave you someday, but I wont ever forget you and I will be back home soon.  
-Sara Rasmas (SOTA student) 

No comments: