The News Tribune logo

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Moments of Beauty


I was up and ready to go to St. Therese in Seattle by 7am. Mary Lou was coming to get me at 7:30 am. So I had thirty wonderful minutes to sit and let Mount Rainier
take over my eyes and heart and soul...
The lay deacon (an ordained married man who preaches and leads various prayer experiences in the Catholic Church), Mr. Greg McNabb, gently and clearly called us to support the efforts of St. Therese Community ad the Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle with our prayers, our money, and our presence. Father Stephen Okumu, the pastor, lead us gently and prayerfully through the Mass.
And Mr. McNabb touched me deeply as I observed the caring way he held a sweet, beautiful baby.











And, as happens so very, very often, I was deeply moved by the choir as it sweetly wished the congregation a good day following the eleven o'clock service.
Sunday was very beautiful day...

2 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

You have beautifully expressed the peace of your Sunday, Joseph. Thank you!

JosephMcG said...

Thanks, Stephanie... truly a very beautiful day for me...