The News Tribune logo

Friday, September 3, 2010

I Have (Erin) Rose-y Skin! And You Can Too!


 Hi Neighborhood Readers! This appeared on Gritty City Woman and I am sharing here, too!


I haven't gotten a facial in 100 years. Okay, well, let's say the last time was in a foreign country (alright, Canada, not so foreign)  and it was when my kids were little. Whatever. So 100 years ago I got a professional facial and it was wonderful. 


So, it was to my delight to score a beauty basket at a charity auction in spring and guess what was inside? Yep, you guessed it,  a facial donated by Tacoma businesswoman and skin guru Skincare by Erin Rose.  I couldn't wait. Readers of this blog KNOW how much I love skincare and lotions and potions. I pride myself in my skincare finds and skills and consider myself knowledgeable and adventurous. But I wanted the perfect timing to go to a true professional and get a fresh look. 


Then I lost my mojo. Blah.



But I got it back recently and I was ready. 


So, recently, I visited Erin Rose's inviting home-based spa business and was transfixed. Here's why. 


E.R. (initials done purposefully as my skin was a mess after the mojo loss and I needed a skincare Emergency Room), was friendly, a perfect blend of energy, warmth, and calm, and offered a super cool, inviting space. I instantly felt comfortable and welcomed. E.R. walked me through the process, and me, being my chatty self, sent her a barrage of questions which she fielded with friendliness. After a soothing foot soak, I was treated to a paraffin hand treatment. Felt great. But the real treat began right after. I got the 60 minute facial which included deep cleansing and exfoliation, a thorough facial, and mini hand and arm massage. Now, "extractions" are included if needed (yeah, I needed 'em--had little white bumps I hated and couldn't get rid of). After the treatment, my skin felt smooth, fresh, clean, and youthful. The full mojo revival treatment. Since I left E.R's hands, I have had compliment after compliment about my "glow" in my face. Wow! 


As always, I can supply more wow, folks.... I asked E.R. to throw in a brow wax too (fab!). And this talented woman is a jewelry designer, too. I bought some cool dangly lavender stones set in sterling silver--modern and cool, right there on the spot. Now...wait for it.....The best part. 


Ladies and gentlemen, E.R.'s prices are reasonable for all services and goods.  I put the link above; click on it and review the menu and you will see. High quality for a great price (same deal for her beautiful jewelry!). You cannot go wrong. Plus, you don't get hit up for purchasing a wad of products or some other sales pitch. E.R. doesn't roll this way. 


What does roll is another kick ass Tacoma business. If you are local (or within the Puget Sound area) check out Skincare by Erin Rose.

No comments: