The News Tribune logo

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The FAIR Countdown!

The countdown began weeks ago as my children and I have a tradition counting the days to our FAVORITE event! For what you may ask? THE FAIR! ! ! Thinking of THE Fair, this reminds me September marks my one year anniversary of blogging for The News Tribune. I first began blogging at THE Fair (also known as the Puyallup Fair or the official title: the Western Washington Fair) during THE Fair in 2007. While this can be an entire blog in itself, I am here today to tell you about the countdown. It begins in early August, thinking ahead to the Fall; then knowing THE Fair is coming up soon. So I count the days ahead, mark each day THE Fair runs on my calendar and then call my “Fair Friend” Mary and my children and schedule our fair dates!

Those who know me well know I LOVE THE Fair. I attend every year a follow a fun tradition of parking in the same lot, walking through the Red Gate and then immediately walking to the scone booth under the grandstand to buy a scone. The next tradition is to (of course) buy a caramel apple from Maroce’s Candy (who are my relatives) and to sit on the yellow bench and people watch.

What else do I love about THE Fair? I love the scones; the Krusty Pups; people watching; the Hobby Hall; the Jersey cows; the Wilcox Milk booth and of course the old fashioned doors of the corral bathroom. This year fellow blogger, friend, Ramette and neighbor, Kim and I will be attending THE Fair together and will be blogging about THE Fair. I am excited to share my love of THE Fair with Kim and show her all the sights and sounds that keep me coming back year after year.

Five, four, three, two, one . . . the countdown has begun!

3 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Love your excitement... just plain old fun ahead as the countdown continues... looking forward to your posts from the fair!!!

Joseph

Kim Thompson said...

Patty, your energy always infuses energy and enthusiasm in others!

I can't wait to hang out with you at THE Fair!

Kim

Stephanie Frieze said...

Undoubtedly your posts from the fair will add to everyone's enjoyment. Glad you're doing it, ladies. :-)