The News Tribune logo

Sunday, June 6, 2010

South Sound Staycations--Tell Me Your Thoughts



My family never travels outside Washington during the summer. When the weather is summer PERFECT (recent weather aside) there is no better place to be: HOME. Puget Sound. Festivals, activities, outdoors....It reinforces why I love to live here.

Now summer is nearly here (spring slipped away in the night, or the rain, really!) and we are NOT as organized as we like. Sure, we know the local activities we love, but we aren't really planned out and are always looking for new things (and cheap and free also works well too!). So, tell me: what do you like to do in the South Sound in the summer? What is the summer activity that makes home great? I am reaching for fresh ideas and discussion.  Thank you.

5 comments:

Aya Hashiguchi said...

Being a theatre artist, I am naturally biased towards the performing arts. Outdoor concerts (many are free), Shakespeare in the Park (various opportunities throughout King and Pierce counties)and the many fine outdoor theaters in the Puget Sound region, such as the Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater and the Mountaineers Players all come to mind. Pack a picnic dinner and you've got instant dinner theater.

Just a thought.....

Kim Thompson said...

I love this! Well, you had me at Shakespeare. I will look into these theaters and picnics are divine. Thank you! Great to hear from you Aya.

Now since we love our border collies, I'll take dog friendly tips too!

Lorraine Hart said...

We have wonderful Art Studio Tours coming up on the Key, and in August we will have the Beyond the Borders Festival...not too far from home Kim..hope to see you there!

So thrilled that you will be coming to Words and Music next month. It's an honour to be asked by Jerry to be the Words part of the evening. xo

Kim Thompson said...

Lovely. I can't wait to hear your words! My parents are going to be in the Key more and more in the summer. I shall be in your 'hood more regularly.

Lorraine Hart said...

Gasp...could there be a tea-date in there somewhere?