I had the luxury of getting out this morning and walk the Chambers Bay trail just minutes from my home in University Place. Here's what I saw:
1. A group of bold crows chasing a hawk in flight. The hawk let out a cringe-worthy screech!
2. A completely and utterly flattened dead frog which I quickly named the "Gutless Wonder."
3. Lots of mushy dog poop(c'mon dog owners get with the program).
4. Two women talking in very loud voices in Korean. I suspected they were talking about something pretty outrageous.
5. A man in his sixties dressed as an alpine hiker with the most muscular legs ever carrying a very large, heavy looking backpack with a walking pace so brisk, he outdid all of us young'uns on the trail for sure!
6. A young couple have a serious conversation in Russian.
7. A couple in fancy exercise outfits. The man was lifting small weights as he walked and the woman was applying lip gloss.
8. Dogs! Specifically, a Pug, a Cocker Spaniel, a Lab, a Standard Poodle, a Sheltie, and a Golden Retriever. Happy dogs, happy owners.
9. Anderson Island completely obscured from the fog.
10. Tons of debris in the bay, mostly logs.
11. Landscapers working hard shoveling, hoeing, raking, and sweeping.
12. Fresh lime-green moss caking the ground in the wooded areas off the switchbacks.
13. Two energetic women (with New Yorker accents) discussing how they should do more yoga and try cooking new recipes because that describes who they are and what they want out of life!
A lucky list of 13 things!
What did you see today?