The News Tribune logo

Monday, March 22, 2010

Self-Love... Don't Let Anyone Steal Your Joy!!!

This is my second reflection on the Singles' Conference. I laughed a lot, listened very deeply, and was frequently moved down to my very toes. I think I learned a lot about happiness being a state of being... one I can choose to live day by day...
rather than thinking that either the nice weather, a good meal, lively entertainment, or a good friend would help me to get into whenever it or he/she was avaiaable...
Could it be that I was not talking about mind dominating matter...could it be that what I am trying to describe is an outgoing orientation of my whole person to connecting with life as it is... sorrows and joys and failures and successes... all warmly protected by the ongoing experience of being constant united to the Loving Presence of God...


Debbie Wooten, a wonderful commedienne enlivened Saturday evening with some very wise stories...











Check out four minutes from her laugh filled presentation

5 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Just for clarification, Joseph, you aren't being held hostage in a London hotel are you? That's the email I got from "you" which seemed pretty weird.

Jaynie Jones said...

I got the same e-mail and was certain that Joseph's e-mail account had been hacked. If he had been robbed at gunpoint and was stranded in London, he would have the power of the entire Catholic Church that could and would come to his rescue in a heartbeat. That message clearly did not originate with the Joseph that we know.

Lorraine Hart said...

All is well with Joseph, and this post is powerful in its connection. Happiness can be in which way the river flows.

JosephMcG said...

I have been to Honolulu, to Seoul, and to Jerusalem... never, never, never to London

Stephanie Frieze said...

I would love to see London some day and if you ever actually get stuck there I will come.