The News Tribune logo

Friday, January 1, 2010

Blue Moon Over Home: Happy 2010!



Last night, after everyone had kissed and wished each other love and peace, after everyone else had gone to bed, I went outside. The rain had stopped for a bit and the clouds were racing by.

The air smelled sweet and new, not cold but caressingly cool. There was enough light to see the bay and surrounding trees even though it wasn't the quicksilver and indigo of a cloudless moon.

Auntie Luna still pulls all tides...gives us a rhythm. She lets us know we are on a wee ball spinning through space, that we are on a human journey within something much greater than ourselves.

Now is the dreaming time of Winter as we slowly begin to return to the light. As I looked up at the moon I felt the spirits of those I love close in my heart, whether they be on the other side of the world...or further. I thought, staring at the blue beauty of this thirteenth moon, how much lighter I felt to leave last year behind, for all it's wonderful moments.

It seems to be a fresh canvas to paint and this night was the breath to begin. I inhaled the intoxicating wild air of Home and breathed my gratitude into the world.

My family and I wish everyone the moment to take a breath and begin this New Year. We wish you peace, love and comfort in the journey of twenty-ten.

10 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

You've visually and literarily captured what I believe and feel about the season of Winter and the blessings of the New Year. Thanks for the powerful post.

Lorraine Hart said...

It was a very powerful, though soothing night. Glad to share the world with you my friend...all the best...Lox

Anonymous said...

Yes it was amazing - spirits everywhere though a sadness swept through me as I saw a woman alone in her home - drinking from a bottle of red wine and crying at the turning of the page...

Lorraine Hart said...

There must always be a balance with this human journey, I think. Nothing banishes struggle and suffering in this world, it seems...but we are creatures of movement, like everything else in the universe and there are the blessed moments...and the hard moments. This commonality should help us to reach a hand to one another where we can.

We cannot be without our emotions...but we can process them, with support, so that our actions hold honour, respect, humility and love.

Kim Thompson said...

Hey there, sweetie. My grandma's dying. I expect her to start her journey tomorrow. I think I would like to come, when we are settled, and sit on your deck and just look.

Lorraine Hart said...

Be strong my friend...sing to her...let her go. Then come to my Aerie...come into my arms and the quiet. much love and comfort to you my dear Kim. Lox

Terry Heath said...

I just learned today is a palindrome date; 01022010 is spelled the same both ways. Between that and the rare blue moon, so far 2010 is turning out to be something special!

G.S. said...

Very cool about the palindrome date!

I was very glad to see the New Year come and the old one go. The end of the year was particularly tough.

Precious, so glad you were able to capture pics of the Blue moon! They are absolutely gob smackin' gorgeous! It does feel like a breath of fresh air to be starting a new.

Kim, many blessings to you and to your grandmother. May her journey to the next realm be a peaceful one. Knowing it is coming is a blessing.

Happy New Year all!! Let the resolutions begin...!

Lorraine Hart said...

Hi my preshuss G! Thanks for stopping by...and thank you Terry, for cool palindromic info! Yup...just a wee bit of a smoother ride, if I may be so bold as to ask. Lox

Kim Thompson said...

Thanks for the well wishes G.S. That was super nice.

Smooth Ride for 2010? Heck yeah! Bring it!