The News Tribune logo

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bezer--- the funny, gentle worker

At twelve fifteen this afternoon I headed on out for my first winter walk. Walking down twenty third I passed this one condominium where this solitary summer chair and this quiet barbecue grill brought back many memoires of spring socials I had gone too where there was laughter and good food and teasing and many stories shared.

I smiled thinking and hoping that the people living there would have many, many more happy socials.

Then when I got to Union I looked across the street. I saw Christmas trees were being sold in the lot located just pass the stop sign. So I decided to go exploring.
There were a lot of very healthy looking trees ready for purchase.
I met the fine man who was in charge of the lot and enjoyed a few emotionally warm moments with me... moments like those keep me from grumbling... "another grey day," I think painfully often...,or "why don't I just stay inside and curl up in a nice warm place with a nice chilling thriller,"or "!!!!...????." (feel free to add your own expletives...")

Thanks, Mr. Bezer... you warmed up my day.


Stephanie Frieze said...

Thanks for the walk, Joseph! It's beginning to feel a bit more fallish and as though winter is on the way.

JosephMcG said...

You are welcome, Stephanie, I came home feeling glad to be back in and get warm and glad I went out for a walk and met Mr. Bezer.