The News Tribune logo

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Rock Radio Documentary "I Am What I Play"

Roger King writes...

Hey friends & colleagues:

Excuse the mass email but when it comes to blatant self-promotion, it’s really the way to go.

So, I made this documentary called I Am What I Play...Many of you know this.  A number of you saw it.  For some, it may be news.  

After playing at festivals, special screenings and on the CBC Documentary Channel for the last two years, my film will finally be available to anyone in the world as of midnight tonight!  

For those who don’t know, it’s a documentary about rock radio disc jockeys, told through the life stories of 4 different DJ’s form 4 different cities: Meg Griffin (New York), Charles Laquidara (Boston), David Marsden (Toronto) and Pat O'Day (Seattle).  But it’s really the story of anyone who has worked on-air in radio – and the story of radio itself, from the free form era of the 60’s and 70’s right up to present day.  

The film includes songs from The Ramones, Rush, The Kinks and David Bowie, among others.   It really is for radio & music fans everywhere.  
So, as of May 1st, people can stream or download the film through Vimeo on Demand at this link:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/iamwhatiplay

If you haven’t seen it, I hope you will.  If you have seen it, I hope you will forward this email to others, raving about it.  If you haven’t seen it and couldn’t care less, maybe you know some radio & music fans who might.  Whatever camp you’re in, I hope you’ll tell two friends and they’ll tell two friends...Well, you know the drill.

And hey, if you tweet or Facebook or have a blog, don’t be shy to spread the word.  All the support is (and has been) much appreciated!

With affection,

Roger King
Producer/Director, I Am What I Play(416) 515-8918
www.iamwhatiplaythemovie.com

Facebook:  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Am-What-I-Play/297875140261718Twitter:  https://twitter.com/radiodjmovie

Share, Repost, Tweet #IamWhatIPlay # Movie #Seattle #Toronto #Chicago #NYC #Radio

No comments: