The News Tribune logo

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Evening Reverie

Quiet evening at Bellarmine. I have had lots of time to read and think. My reading got so sad and heavy that I had to back off, chill out, watch a thriller on cable and let go of what I was learning...the forties and sixties and seventies were hard times for this country, courageous folks stood up against Jim Crow in the South and discrimination in the North.
I lived in a bubble, far away from the fear and hurt of the times.
Do I consider that I was a lucky person, learning to pray and studying philosophy during the early sixties? I do not know.
I do know that, every day now I have an opportunity to listen to, understand, and support other human beings. I am very grateful that I have been given this time to think and speak and act in positive and loving ways.

Enjoy these few moments here in the Bellarmine Qadrangle on Sunday evening.

No comments: