The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Most Precious Sunday Afternoon

The one thirty pm worship gathering at St. Leo's in Tacoma, hosted by Native Americans, is becoming one of my happiest moments. I enjoy feeling welcomed and accepted there. I value the sincerity, honesty, and affection. of the members of that Catholic group.
Many of them have seen very hard times and they continue to keep working to encourage other Native Americans and other human beings to live honestly and compassionately.
Father Pat Touhy, a member of the Society of Jesus, was the leader of worship. He is a creative, open, and loving human being. He is the beautiful man on the right in the picture.
The little child in the picture kep the Mass going, moving, talking... what a joy to be around such a beautiful person. His mom and dad are thoughtful and warm human beings.
I left the Mass that Sunday feeling refreshed. I am so very grateful.

1 comment:

Lorraine Hart said...

One of my favourite Thanksgiving traditions in New York, was to go to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, for the Native American celebration held there every year. I love a culture that doesn't have a word for religion...doesn't separate the spirit from the everyday.