The News Tribune logo

Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Makes Me Tick

I hope you do not mind meandering alone with me through some happy moments in my life that might be the occasion for your considering what gets you ticking...
One moment for me is getting up on a bright spring day and just being silenced by the beauty of the flowers and trees around me.












Another moment--- going to Mass, seeing three beautiful young men, receiving their First Communion (oh, what might I see if I had that wonderful gift so many people across our world have... to see the light and beauty of the Spirits around us and to see these wonderful, hopeful human beings now embracing and being embraced by the God who chose to give His all to be with us) and then singing to us.


Another: Passing a wonderful afternoon with Mark, a wonderful preacher, a very deep and open human being, who will soon be going to seminary to continue preparing to be ordained a Catholic priest... we talked about the hard times and the good times and the deep, deep challenges of life... the Black child from segregated Houston who I was never, never would have expected such a conversation would/should/could have happened!








Tears of joy came to my eyes and watched this wonderful little boy (Hi,JJ!) letting go and dancing joyfully with the Saint Therese Gospel Choir<

3 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Thanks for the meandering, Joseph! A nice way to start the day.

JosephMcG said...

You are welcome, Stephanie, an affirmation from you is priceless...

Lorraine Hart said...

I'd meander with you anytime, my friend! xo