The News Tribune logo

Monday, December 22, 2008

Imaginary Drama Breaks Quiet of Winter Snowfall

Photos above center & below right: Copyright 2008 by Mizu Sugimura.


While I was outside with my camera taking a few shots this morning I happened to notice this arresting little image in a temporary snowbank that has formed around a rather good-sized but otherwise inconspicuous birds nest spruce planted in my front yard.

As the snowfall's artistry paints the familiar signposts around our home and neighborhoods, the otherwise innocuous spruce has morphed into some kind of Abominable Snowman bent on carrying the gentleman (shown) away in it's bony skeleton claws!

3 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Wonderful pictures and little story, Mizu!

Lorraine Hart said...

EEEEEEK!!

Mizu Sugimura said...

So that's the noise I heard coming from your way about a half hour ago!