The News Tribune logo

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back In Grit City

I'm back home in Tacoma safe and sound. The Cincinnati to Seattle leg seemed like it took 8 hours instead of the 4 hours it actually took, but I'm home none the less.

I had some really good experiences working in Canada and the Canadian Forces men and women we were working directly with are some of the best you'll find anywhere in any country's military.

They say you can't ever go home again. That's not exactly true. You can always go home, just don't expect it to be the same. I came home to find we have a new tub and shower unit, new track lighting in our kitchen and the upstairs electrical upgraded and new lights. A couple of ceiling fans were installed and a new garbage disposal and sink faucet were installed as well.

All that and no one mowed the lawn for two months! So you know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

It's good to be home. I hope you all are well and healthy.

VW

6 comments:

Stephanie Frieze said...

Vw, I should have stayed home last summer and overseen some renovations at our house! Well, at least you were spared the noise and mess which is the worst part of that sort of thing in my opinion. You could always rent a gazelle to leap through the grass. :-)

VW said...

The electrician working on the house suggested a goat!

Oh well, It's good to be back in the Gritty City!

VW

Lorraine Hart said...

Welcome home...make sure you tuck your pants into your socks before mowing in the long grass...and a goat sounds like a great idea!

Kim Thompson said...

VW, welcome home! Grit City missed you!

VW said...

Well, I don't know that goats are allowed in the city.

Lorraine, I'll take your advice after reading all of your Lyme disease posts.

I don't know how much Grit City missed me, but my wife and dog were happy to see me. :)

Anyway, it's good to be back home and thank you all.

VW

JosephMcG said...

Welcome home... I hope you get a chance to just lay back and grit along with the city... I have discovered that, when I travel just for a few days, I go through my changes and come back a little bit different... and the folks I left behind have changed too...
what have you found, vw, in your goings and comings about yourself and the folks you know

Joseph