The News Tribune logo

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Justice Served in Eatonville Animal Cruelty Case



Back in late June, I shared my thoughts about the horrendous, local animal cruelty/neglect case that occurred on an Eatonville property. Over 70 animals in terrible condition were removed from the property. South Sounders rallied around local agencies caring for the injured and sick animals, supported local government agencies handling the case, and praised Pierce County animal investigators for their hard work to help animals.

Three women in the case were charged. Read about the story that broke on the TNT right HERE. Of course judging from early morning comments to the article (and more to come), I suspect many of us would like to see stiffer penalties for this injustice to animals for the twisty moral and ethical road these women traversed. However, the laws are what they are for now and this matter was addressed to the letter of the law. This is good.

I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank all of the agencies and individuals involved in taking action, helping animals, and making a bold statement to the public that Pierce County will not tolerate animal cruelty and neglect. A special shout out to Tim Anderson and his animal investigators for doing the difficult work in this heartbreaking case.

Finally, I am proud of the compassion towards animals in our community; however, really my thanks and praise is very small compared to the love and appreciation seen in a desperate animal's eyes. They thank you too.

5 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Thank you Kim for encouraging us to keep attending to the beauty and love of all the creatures around us

Kim Thompson said...

You are welcome, friend. I am on a mission.....

Stephanie Frieze said...

You know my sentiments, Kim, that we are on this Earth to be stewards to all of Her creatures. Those who would abuse animals are a shiort step from abusing people. Good luck with your mission!

Kim Thompson said...

Thanks Stephanie. You are right and yes, it is my forever mission. I am proud of my hometown for embracing and loving animals in need. Makes me feel blessed to live where we do. While we have animal atrocities in our backyard, it's far worse in other parts of our country.

Lorraine Hart said...

Nice work Kim...kudos to the community! They are ALL our relations.