The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This One Kept My Attention

I could not stop reading Beverley Barton's thriller, Dead By Midnight. I could not put the book down! I liked all of the characters. I did not want one of them to get hurt.

I kept hoping that someone would stop the villain. But on the villain went, outthinking and overcoming each one of my heroes and heroines.
This book is not one to read with children. It sizzles.
The woman at the center of the story is beautiful; the man...too stubborn. (I leave the rest of this to you to deal with.
Three lessons I got from the story: 1. don't work out one's concerns in the presence of children; 2. don't judge other; 3. forgive those who have hurt you.
And a final lesson: Check out Beverley Barton; I ebooked her from the Tacoma Public Library website.


No comments: