The News Tribune logo

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fish and Chips


Interestingly, the same day that The News Tribune published a lengthy, well-researched review of reader-suggested 'favorite' Fish and Chips destinations around Tacoma and Pierce County, one of my coworkers and I had just treated ourselves to lunch at Steamer's at Titlow Beach.  I was happy to see that Steamer's was included among the restaurants that writer Sue Kidd reviewed. http://blog.thenewstribune.com/tntdiner/2013/01/25/fish-with-crunch-on-a-quest-for-perfect-fish-and-chips/#storylink=misearch  Over the years, I've been to almost all of the ones she wrote about.  Still, Steamer's remains my favorite.

The fish is fabulously fresh and definitely has a crispy-crunch from the breading.  Portion sizes are over-the-top.  I ordered the 3-piece fish and fries with Caesar salad, and a fountain drink.  $13.14 for the total.  When the meal was served, it was so beautifully plated and colorful, I had to whip out my camera and take a picture before starting to eat it.  But look at the size of these pieces of fish!  Enormous.   So much, I couldn't finish it all.  

Steamer's has long been a favorite with my family and we've shared many special occasions there over the years.  'Back in the day' Steamer's offered a Monday night 'All You Can Eat' that was well-attended.  Even at lunchtime on Thursday the restaurant was absolutely packed.   You can't go wrong for lunch or dinner at Steamer's.

No comments: