The News Tribune logo

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Beginning

I looked at my watch Monday evening. "8 o'clock," I said, "my ride has been waiting for fifteen minutes." I gave one of the facillitators a goodbye hug, and quickly headed for the front door. Ride was there, and, ten minutes later, I was home.

Why late? I had been moved by the last session of our Journey to Freedom Group.
We had a chance to share our plan for continuing to develop physically, mentally, and spiritually. Then we got feedback...affirmations and words of encouragement. We laughed and cried and ate had tasty tidbits and prayer. Each person in the group has a special place with me.

The feedback I received was very, very helpful. I had expected that I would be sad to see our eight week sessions end.

Our two facillitators (one man, one woman) were wonderful.
our book, Journey To Freedom insightful.

And I knew that, with the support of people in the group I would continue to become a serene and loving person.

Here's a New Year's Gift for you I would suggest: contact one of the Pierce County Y's... found out when the next group sessions using Scott Reall's Journey for Freedom will begin. (A Men's support group at the Morgan Family Y using that book will be starting at the Y in a few weeks.)

Other groups using Scott Reall's books will be available also... all focusing on people helping each other to become happier and healthier human beings.

I really enjoyed my group. I am sure there are many enjoyable moments waiting for you, my friends, at the YMCA.

1 comment:

Mizu Sugimura said...

Joseph - It is indeed a pleasure to read how you have been able to spend so much time not only in the pursuit of enriching life experiences, but actually catching them as described in this blog! Many bravo's are in order. Have you considered using the last line of your piece as inspiration for both the singing of and the rewrite of lyrics to a highly popular vintage melody?