The News Tribune logo

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving Day. Overcast and chilly... no rain so far. I was born in Houston, lived there until I was twelve. I am used to the rain. But the cold...no, no, no

Still as long as I have friends and the strength to love and be loved, I am warmly grateful.
Grateful for my mother and grandmother who loved me,grateful for my teachers and mentors(everyday I remember Dr. Dorothy Donnelley who spent many, many hours teaching me how to listen to others, to myself, and to God).

My favorite restaurant,Wok Teriyaki, is closed today. I smile when I reflect on the warm welcome and sweet goodbyes I have gotten at the Wok over the years I have gone there. The Wok is a warm space where I have eaten well, laughed, cried, been challenged, and affirmed by my friends, Jeanpierre and Gaye many, many times.
So, like you, wonderful readers, I am so very grateful that I am learning to deeply appreciate the love of friends and the wonderful people on the Pastoral Care Teams at the Franciscan Hospitals.
I hope that this will be a wonderful day and weekend for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger User a new Blogger Videos Design Like Youtube Has been Lanched It is the First Youtube Video Templete For Blogger

Demo Link >>> Pak U tube
----------------------------
------------
Pakistani Tv Comedy Shows
------------
Hum Sab Umeed Say Hain Latest
------------
Best PTC Sites
------------